Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Scared

I read an article yesterday online from Web MD entitled "Anorexia: The Body Neglected" and it scared me enough to finally pick up the phone and make an appointment at the Emily Program. I want to try something new. They don't have Inpatient but I'm not interested in doing that this summer. It's my daughter's last summer home before she goes to college and I don't want to spend it "In" again, which I have done the last 3 SUMMERS! What a life. Is this all that's left for me with my kids gone? ED Treatment. I cringe when I think of all the food they expect me to eat. I have never eaten the way they say I should my entire life! No wonder it's hard to change. I grew up with a mother who snacked all day until dinner and complain about fat content, etc. I became anorexic the first time when I was 17. I weighed as much as a thin elementary kid. My parents showed concern sometimes (more my dad) but never took me to a doctor. I finally went myself and remember the Dr telling me to just eat an avocado a day and that would fatten me up.(It was 1979-1980) I couldn't wait to get home to check my calorie book (I was a calorie expert) but had no idea how many were in an avocado. To this day I can not eat them! Thanks Dr Miller!

No comments:

Post a Comment