Sunday, August 7, 2011

Continuing Treatment

I recently started an evening IOP group at the Emily Program. I originally was planning on doing their Day program, but was unable to get in until one week before I go back to work full time, so no can do! I love the people in my evening group. They are so friendly and have given me great feedback. I went to a family and friends group yesterday a.m. (Sat) and although I enjoyed it, I still felt very "triggered" by the speaker who is supposedly recovered, although still looked somewhat anorexic to me. It is very difficult for me to see other anorexics. I realize I feel like a failure when I compare myself to them. I also don't see myself accurately so it makes no sense, I know. And what exactly am I a failure at??? Killing myself? I know all this....It's still so damn triggering!!!
The one thing I am going to work on this time is trying to figure out what exactly would be supportive for me- especially from my husband. I want to throw that question out there? What do you guys find to be helpful, especially from spouses or family. I have found that when my husband has tried to be supportive his words only anger me, and thus he goes back to saying nothing and thinking this is my problem and I need to figure it out!

1 comment:

  1. How are you doing? I haven't seen a post by you in a while, and I have been thinking about you. I hope you are well and well on your way to recovery~

    ReplyDelete